RCCB/Fused Spur
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
kbrownie
Project Manager
Project Manager

RCCB/Fused Spur

by kbrownie » Sat Jun 23, 2007 8:14 pm

If I was opperating an RCCB on an appliance, would I put the spur between the supply from the Consumer unit and RCCB or Between RCCB and appliance. The instruction say use a fused spur in but not where Can anyone help me?

BLAKEY1963
Site Agent
Site Agent

Re: RCCB/Fused Spur

by BLAKEY1963 » Sun Jun 24, 2007 6:46 pm

[quote="kbrownie"]If I was opperating an RCCB on an appliance, would I put the spur between the supply from the Consumer unit and RCCB or Between RCCB and appliance. The instruction say use a fused spur in but not where Can anyone help me?[/quote]

KBROWNIE.
MORE INFO.
WHAT APPLIANCE R U INTENDING TO USE ?
WHERE DO U INTEND TO USE THIS APPLIANCE.?
YOUR MAINS BOARD HAS OR DOES NOT HAVE RCCB ?
YOUR INSTUCTIONS WILL TELL US WHAT U INTEND
INSTALL !
BLAKEY1963

kbrownie
Project Manager
Project Manager

by kbrownie » Fri Aug 03, 2007 12:56 pm

[quote="BLAKEY1963"][quote="kbrownie"]If I was opperating an RCCB on an appliance, would I put the spur between the supply from the Consumer unit and RCCB or Between RCCB and appliance. The instruction say use a fused spur in but not where Can anyone help me?[/quote]

KBROWNIE.
MORE INFO.
INSTALL !
BLAKEY1963[/quote]
BLAKEY1963
Sorry for delay, Forgot about this one, been on my jolly's? Bit cheekie really! It's a question on an assignment from college, i'm not cheating it was end of year and just a bit of prep for next year. Installation of a bathroom with electric shower and whirlpool bath. Old cartridge type fuse board, no RCCB on board. Question not that clear on paper. I assumed that both shower and whirlpool should be on seperate circiuts (Circuits of thier own). The shower would be zone 2 and the whirlpool not in a zone as the wiring would be under the bath, which is enclosed. Fused 13 amp spur to RCCB then to whirlpool. Is that right you can mark me if you wish.
Cheers KB

BLAKEY1963
Site Agent
Site Agent

by BLAKEY1963 » Fri Aug 03, 2007 4:45 pm

[quote="kbrownie"][quote="BLAKEY1963"][quote="kbrownie"]If I was opperating an RCCB on an appliance, would I put the spur between the supply from the Consumer unit and RCCB or Between RCCB and appliance. The instruction say use a fused spur in but not where Can anyone help me?[/quote]

KBROWNIE.
MORE INFO.
INSTALL !
BLAKEY1963[/quote]
BLAKEY1963
Sorry for delay, Forgot about this one, been on my jolly's? Bit cheekie really! It's a question on an assignment from college, i'm not cheating it was end of year and just a bit of prep for next year. Installation of a bathroom with electric shower and whirlpool bath. Old cartridge type fuse board, no RCCB on board. Question not that clear on paper. I assumed that both shower and whirlpool should be on seperate circiuts (Circuits of thier own). The shower would be zone 2 and the whirlpool not in a zone as the wiring would be under the bath, which is enclosed. Fused 13 amp spur to RCCB then to whirlpool. Is that right you can mark me if you wish.
Cheers KB[/quote]

KBROWNIE
SEPARATE CIRCUITS WITH THIER OWN MCB S BASED ON
CALCULATIONS TO SELECT PROTECTIVE DEVICE SIZE AND
CABLE RATING .
RCD 30 MA PROTECTION NORMALY , BUT CONSULATION
WITH DESIGN INFORMATION AND PRODUCT GUIDES WILL
RECOMMEND RCD SIZES.
U HAVE TO WORK OUT WHETHER U WOULD UPGRADE
MAINS BOARD TO A SPLIT VARIETY TO GIVE U YOUR RCD WAYS.
I FIT AN RCD SPUR FOR THE SPA BATH IF 13 A RATED .
OBVIOUSLY YOUR BONDING MUST B LOOKED AT TOO, AS THIS IS THE
MOST IMPORTANT FACTOR. INTEGITY OF EARTHING IS PARAMOUNT
FOR OPERATION OF AN RCD.
BLAKEY1963

kbrownie
Project Manager
Project Manager

by kbrownie » Fri Aug 03, 2007 5:27 pm

[quote="BLAKEY1963"][quote="kbrownie"][quote="BLAKEY1963"][quote="kbrownie"]If I was opperating an RCCB on an appliance, would I put the spur between the supply from the Consumer unit and RCCB or Between RCCB and appliance. The instruction say use a fused spur in but not where Can anyone help me?[/quote]

KBROWNIE.
MORE INFO.
INSTALL !
BLAKEY1963[/quote]
BLAKEY1963
Cheers KB[/quote]

KBROWNIE
SEPARATE CIRCUITS WITH THIER OWN MCB S BASED ON
CALCULATIONS TO SELECT PROTECTIVE DEVICE SIZE AND
CABLE RATING .
RCD 30 MA PROTECTION NORMALY , BUT CONSULATION
WITH DESIGN INFORMATION AND PRODUCT GUIDES WILL
RECOMMEND RCD SIZES.
U HAVE TO WORK OUT WHETHER U WOULD UPGRADE
MAINS BOARD TO A SPLIT VARIETY TO GIVE U YOUR RCD WAYS.
I FIT AN RCD SPUR FOR THE SPA BATH IF 13 A RATED .
OBVIOUSLY YOUR BONDING MUST B LOOKED AT TOO, AS THIS IS THE
MOST IMPORTANT FACTOR. INTEGITY OF EARTHING IS PARAMOUNT
FOR OPERATION OF AN RCD.
BLAKEY1963[/quote]
BLAKEY

So bonding beneath bath, supplimentry from junction box connecting supply to spa, onto both hot water and cold water feed and metal bath support/legs. Would that be okay. Shower bonded to say emmerson heater. using 4 or 6mm earth.
I hope you don't mind me quizing you, but you seem to know yoyr stuff!

Cheers your a star
KB

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Apr 05, 2024 1:21 pm