DIY Doctor

Main navigation

Regs for Required Insulation for Possible Single Skin Extension to Property

Postby Kelboy » Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:53 pm

I am looking to build a small single storey side extension to my property. I am trying to find out if the externals walls have to be cavity or can a single skin layer of concrete block be used and then an optional way of insulating on the inside be used to pass the required building regs? I am thinking of some kind of wood baton/stud work with insulation then plasterboard on top with skim coat? I am struggling to find any clear guidance to this online. Thanks
Rank: Labourer
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:29 pm

Postby welsh brickie » Sun Dec 20, 2015 5:59 pm

building regs will require you to build a cavity wall, how wide the cavity needs to be will be up to building control
welsh brickie
Rank: Project Manager
Posts: 2611
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2008 7:54 am

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics