Relaying an existing block drive and laying new
All manner of questions and solutions to problems and issues surrounding the subject of brickwork, blockwork and stonework

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
kevin17
Labourer
Labourer

Relaying an existing block drive and laying new

by kevin17 » Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:53 am

I did my drive 10 years ago with a pattern that use standard 200x100 blocks and 100x100 blocks in a different colour.
I didn't realise at the time that the 100x100 blocks where the thicker blocks. That made it a bit of a pain to lay but it was finished ok.

I now want to dig up the front lawn and lay blocks over that. I don't want to use the same pattern as before so I want to relay the existing drive with a new pattern.

I assume that I can lay the new drive higher than the exising drive then tamp it down to same level. Do I assume that the exising drive wont tamp down any more so I simpley ralay the blocks on the old sub base. Then tamp them to settle them in.

I will have to fill in the depression left by the 100x100 blocks though.

TheDoctor5

by TheDoctor5 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:52 am

Last year 64% of the questions asked in our forum were answered within our DIY project pages at www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects.htm The project pages are now separated alphabetically and your answers are accompanied by diagrams and the ability to see, and buy, the tools and/or required to complete your project. Use our search box to look for your answer and save a great deal of time and money!

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Apr 12, 2024 7:28 pm