Remodeling Advice - Surveyor, Architect, Interior Designer, or Builder?
Information, help and advice on many architecture, self build and design problems and issues

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
deejbk
Labourer
Labourer

Remodeling Advice - Surveyor, Architect, Interior Designer, or Builder?

by deejbk » Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:30 pm

My wife and I are looking to carry out some works on the downstairs of our house. We plan to put in a downstairs washroom, downstairs utility room, add an extra partition between lounge and dining area, new furniture, carpet and maybe remove a chimney breast if a good investment. To fund this we are planning to borrow against the house.

Prior to beginning the works I feel I want to speak with some professional to decide roughly how much to borrow, where the partition walls should go, what layout and room sizes should be in order to optimise our use of the house and give best value for when we come to sell, and be best return on investment. But I’m not sure whether we should speak with a surveyor, an architect, an interior designer, design consultant or go straight to a builder?

Figure for project I had in mind is £8000, but would be prepared to spend more there was much greater value to be gained

Which professional should we speak to in the first instance, and what should we expect to pay for their advice?

blakeriley
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Remodeling Advice - Surveyor, Architect, Interior Designer, or Builder?

by blakeriley » Sat Aug 22, 2020 6:41 am

I think an interior designer will be able to give you an estimate but going straight to the builder for the estimate would be a better idea.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Apr 12, 2024 7:17 pm