Removing Car Paint From Bricks?!
All manner of questions and solutions to problems and issues surrounding the subject of brickwork, blockwork and stonework

whayley
Labourer
Labourer

Removing Car Paint From Bricks?!

by whayley » Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:00 pm

A few months ago a neighbour left her handbrake off and her car rolled into our house!! Luckily there was no actual damage to the house but we have been left with quite a sizeable area of paint transfer (I've attached and image below). I have no idea how to remove this without ruining the bricks, any ideas/knowledge would be greatly appreciated!

When it first happened I tried scrubbing it with a stiff brush and hot, soapy water but it made no difference. Someone told me softening the paint with paint stripper and scraping it off with a stanley knife should work, however that sounds quite time consuming as there's quite a lot of it.

I've had no luck finding advice online so far as nobody seems to have had the same problem haha?! I am in the process of getting a quote from a plastic surgeon for removal but I fear it will be quite pricey, looking to have a go myself first!

Thanks in advance for the help!
Attachments
20200223_173540.jpg

It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:10 am