removing radiator and fitting towel rail
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
tosenayor
Labourer
Labourer

removing radiator and fitting towel rail

by tosenayor » Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:12 pm

What does it involve to remove a radiator and to fit a towel rail? Some workmen told me it would take about six hours to do that job since I have a conversion boiler (of course at more than £60 per hour).
Any help!!

David Hedgcock
Labourer
Labourer

Don't Panic

by David Hedgcock » Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:00 am

Hi there,

I've just had exactly the same job done in my downstairs toilet, I contacted a local plumber from yell.com and he quoted £50.00 to do the whole job. He duly arrived and drained the system down we have a combi boiler (I don't know what a conversion bolier is). After the system had drained (about 20 mins) he unscrewed the conections on the old radiator, connected some flexi pipe onto the copper pipe as the new towel rail was in a different position than the original radiator, connected the new towel rail, fillted it to the wall re-filled and bled the system and hey presto the job was done and it looks fantastic - cost £50.00 and time about 90 minutes, nothing like 6 hours, as I say I don't know what a conversion boiler is however I can't see the job taking anything like 6 hours - I would ring round and get a few quotes. Good luck hope this has put your mind at ease a little. Let's know how you get on.

tosenayor
Labourer
Labourer

by tosenayor » Mon Mar 26, 2007 3:24 pm

Thanks. What I meant was immersion boiler which I'm told it takes much longer to darin. I have been ringing round for more sensible quotes.
Once again, thanks.

husyen
Labourer
Labourer

Towel rail radiator

by husyen » Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:41 am

It does not take six hours? someone told you wrong..

thanks
husyen

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

by htg engineer » Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:49 pm

But flexi pipes look crap - get a proper plumber that will/can bend copper pipe.

htg

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Apr 04, 2024 3:39 am