rendering a tight curved 90 degree corner
All manner of questions and solutions to problems and issues surrounding the subject of brickwork, blockwork and stonework

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
paulo976
Labourer
Labourer

rendering a tight curved 90 degree corner

by paulo976 » Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:54 pm

having had our kitchen window chopped out to accomodate new french doors, the existing render was cut away to allow fitment of the doors, the render in question curved in 90 degrees to the window, how do i achieve that tightness of corner to match the exsisting remaining render? any help would be greatly recieved

welsh brickie
Project Manager
Project Manager

render

by welsh brickie » Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:52 pm

Pva the area first then take your cement render and a small trowel and play trying to curve the render into the shape you want,take your time it comes with practice.
Use a mix of lime,cement and sand 4:1:1 the lime helps it grip better.
Once you have acheived what you want use a 2inch paintbrush dipped in water to wash of the excess.

paulo976
Labourer
Labourer

Re: render

by paulo976 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:12 pm

welsh brickie wrote:Pva the area first then take your cement render and a small trowel and play trying to curve the render into the shape you want,take your time it comes with practice.
Use a mix of lime,cement and sand 4:1:1 the lime helps it grip better.
Once you have acheived what you want use a 2inch paintbrush dipped in water to wash of the excess.

thankyou i shall try this, ishall let you know how i get on, once again thanks paulo976

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 9:07 am