DIY Doctor

Main navigation

Repairing old garden wall but what type is it?

Postby muckleface » Sat May 09, 2020 1:39 pm


Can anyone tell me what ‘type’ of wall this is? It’s a boundary wall that I believe pre-dates my 1900 house but sections of it are in poor condition so I want to get it repaired but I’m not sure what this style of brick/pebble wall is even called so am drawing a blank on google.

Photos of a good and bad section attached (no idea why they’re showing up sideways!)

8EC886EC-98F3-4F03-BEFA-FE124C93CE8F.jpeg (66.36 KiB) Viewed 1000 times
33D94F10-DE63-46B1-A7DD-CA53558148F8.jpeg (73.83 KiB) Viewed 1000 times
Rank: Labourer
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat May 09, 2020 1:24 pm


Simply Build It

Postby stoneyboy » Sun May 10, 2020 10:10 pm

Hi muckleface
Looks like a brick and flint/pebble wall.
If you are going to get someone to repair it for you, try and find a flint wall brickie who has retired.
Regards S
Rank: Project Manager
Posts: 5518
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:44 pm

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics