DIY Doctor

Replace/Fix Single Light Switch, hopefully simple question..

Postby Harvester » Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:21 pm


I have a Georgian Effect Single light switch in my bedroom. When I operate the switch the button is loose at the bottom and wobbles about.

I unscrewed the switch from the wall, expecting the whole switch unit to come out in one piece. (I wanted to check whether the bottom of the switch could be clicked back into place or whether it had simply broken off).

Instead, all I managed to remove was the faceplate itself. The switching part of the unit seems to be mounted separately in the wall recess box.

Has anybody seen this type of switch before?

If so, is it possible to get replacements for the switching part of the unit itself. Or will I have to buy a completely new switch?

Rank: Labourer
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:11 pm


Simply Build It

Postby ericmark » Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:49 pm

It is called a grid switch bring up screwfix on line and type in grid switch and I am sure you will find all the bits you need.
Rank: Project Manager
Posts: 2564
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:49 pm
Location: Llanfair Caereinion, Mid Wales.

Postby Harvester » Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:48 am

Thanks a lot!

I've found the part I need.

I cycle past Screwfix Guildford on the way home so I'll pick one up tonight.

Thanks for all your help!
Rank: Labourer
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:11 pm

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics