DIY Doctor

Replacement taps for square tap hole baths

Postby ronin » Sat Nov 24, 2007 2:56 pm

I have an old cast iron bath which I wish to keep and reuse but the holes for the taps are square and set apart on approximately 8-1/2" centres.
Having looked in the usual diy stores, I can't find any taps that have the square type flange for location. Secondly, I would like to fit a mixer/shower type of tap and those I have looked at seemed to be set on 180mm (7" approx).
Does any manufacturer still make a range of tap fittings to suit my bath?
Many thanks.
Rank: Labourer
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2007 2:38 pm


Simply Build It

Postby peter the plumber » Sat Nov 24, 2007 9:58 pm

All you need is 2 “tophatsâ€
peter the plumber
Rank: Ganger
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 197
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:19 am

Postby marrtin » Sun Nov 25, 2007 12:31 am

A standard bath tap should if fitted carefully cover the square holes and create a good seal.

As for the bath shower mixer, you could find a problem there. Pose the question to a specialist bathroom shop and see waht they can offer.
Rank: Foreman
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 374
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 6:42 pm

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics