Replacement UPVC windows and a pitched roof
Information, help and tips on many areas of roofing including trusses, tiling, venting, insulation etc....

ltfcforever
Labourer
Labourer

Replacement UPVC windows and a pitched roof

by ltfcforever » Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:16 pm

Wonder if anyone could help me, brought the house from hell and slowly working through its challenges!

House was built around 5 years ago and it has a front bay window, when the glazing chap came to survey for replacement windows, he pointed out that the window frame did not butt up against the joist of our small pitched porch roof running along the front of the house.
(For clarity there is no bay on the first floor just the pitched porch which extends from the property approx 1m and is a approx 3m in length, mounted to two ledges with an A frame shape which is bolted to the front of the house)

i.e there is a 1 inch gap between the top of the window frame and the joist one side of the bay.

The joists that are above either edge of the square bay window have a timbers nailed to them and rest on top of the bay window.

If you are still with me! My question: Is this ok or should it have a supporting bracket on the wall, like I say there is no load apart from a 1m tiled pithed roof.

:?

It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:08 pm