Drainage and wastage systems and plumbing help, advice and answers

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
corum_uk
Apprentice
Apprentice

replacement wc with vertical outlet

by corum_uk » Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:24 pm

hi,

i would appreciate some advice on how to proceed with a small project.
the downstairs wc has a low level cistern mounted on the wall and separate pan.

the centre of the 4"(ish) diameter vertical soil pipe is approx 125mm from the back wall and has a large collar around it, on one side of which the waste pipe from the sink also enters.

my plan would be to replace the existing wc with a close coupled version, but i' would appreciate if someone could confirm whether

a. a close coupled wc would fit
b. whether the large collar around the soil pipe would need removing (i suspect it will to fit a close coupled unit)
c. how the waste pipe from the sink would connect without the collar (i.e. is there a pan connector with a side out to which the sink waste pipe could connect.
d. any other tips and hints!

thanks

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t131 ... CF1169.jpg

plumbbob
Project Manager
Project Manager

by plumbbob » Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:51 pm

Generally, I think the answer to everything is just about yes.

Your soil pipe looks close to the wall so a standard pan connector should work, and they are available with a connection for a basin waste although it would be higher off the floor than the existing waste is now.

You can remove the existing collar, but looking at what is shown, you could possibly leave it or replace it with a new one.

I can't see you having any problems.

corum_uk
Apprentice
Apprentice

by corum_uk » Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:04 pm

Thanks for the reply, that's good to know. The diameter of the existing collar is such that I thought it would probably prevent a close coupled wc getting far enough back to the wall so its good to know it can be removed and replaced with a pan connector with side out if that becomes necessary.

Now to find a suitable multi outlet suite! Twyfords have two or three candidates with but I'd like to keep costs below £400 if possible.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Apr 02, 2024 4:57 am