Replacement wireless thermostat
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
ampo2128
Labourer
Labourer

Replacement wireless thermostat

by ampo2128 » Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:06 pm

I have a problem with our wireless thermostat and was wondering if anyone can help.
For about a 6 weeks we have been having trouble with the central heating were it will run perfectly cutting in and out on the thermostat then all of a sudden it stops. I have now worked out what seems to be the problem and that is the wireless receiver after a time was getting hot and not working (it was situated in the hot water cylinder cupboard). This was moved to the downstairs cupboard with the time clock and seemed to work perfectly until about 2 weeks ago when it started to happen again. So at the moment when the receiver stops working we have to remove it from the wall and place it in a cool area (normally the porch) for 10 minutes then it seems to work fine.
After reading various forums it seems this has happened to quite a few people who have the same wireless thermostat and receiver and was wondering if anyone knew the best replacement for it, preferably with the same wiring setup and mounting bracket.

The wireless system we have is a Drayton Digistat RFI Wireless System and the receiver is a SCR.

The boiler we have is a Worcester Greenstar 24Ri condensing boiler

jim the plumb
Tradesman
Tradesman

by jim the plumb » Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:54 am

I've found the wireless digistat SCR you have is very difficult for people to understand.

Have you set it up correctly as per the instructions? They are quite in-depth.

If you must replace it, I always use the Drayton TP5000Si /RX1 RF which is very simple to wire in. To date I've never been called back because it stopped working.

A mate of mine doesn't fix his to the wall - he uses it like a remote control and moves it from room to room.

HTH jimbo

billobach181
Ganger
Ganger

Wireless control System

by billobach181 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:18 pm

I have a Wireless control system with a Combi Boiler and it has worked without problems for four [4] years so far. I have a Drayton RFI with a SCI receiver which operates a zone valve for heating part of the house. My sending unit is on the Lounge Wall in direct line to the receiver which is on a kitchen Wall. The boiler is behind the Kitchen Wall in another room.

This may be of little use but the wireless system does work.

Bill

ampo2128
Labourer
Labourer

by ampo2128 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:17 pm

Thanks for that will look at changing it very soon

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1