DIY Doctor

Main navigation

replacing a jumper valve in a a bath mixer tap

Postby bobajob100 » Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:48 pm

I have a traditional telephone style bath/shower mixer tap and am getting water hammer from the valve when switching from tap to shower. I have taken the valve out and it does look a bit worn although I am not getting any leaks from the O rings. I dont know if these valves are standard in these taps but the one in mine is a length of round plastic with a slot cut out half way through which takes a dogleg cam on the tap handle which lifts it up and down. At each end there are O rings and a raised cross section. I dont know if this makes much sense, if it does then what is the name of the valve and where can I get one.
Rank: Labourer
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:38 pm


Simply Build It

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics