replacing ball bearing drawer slide/runner
Kitchens, doors, rails, stud, tables, chairs, stair cases, garden furniture etc... Find answers and ask questions here!

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
mandsin
Labourer
Labourer

replacing ball bearing drawer slide/runner

by mandsin » Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:29 pm

please help - I am trying to find replacement runners for the drawers in my elderly dad's kitchen (which are now dropping and wobbly) and trying to find out how to fix them! The existing ones are metal slides with ball bearing cages which fit in a groove along the sides of the drawer box. Have tried to do it using standard type of runner from B&Q (the one with a little wheel) but these aren't right - even though they fit in the groove the drawer assembly is then too wide to fit in the cabinet. Can't find these other type on the internet (except USA sites) so don't know where to get them from. Any ideas? And if I can get them are they difficult to fix? Any advice would be much appreciated - especially as dad would like to avoid the expense of having to buy new drawer boxes/ drawer cabinets.

Oddbod
Ganger
Ganger

by Oddbod » Sat Sep 15, 2007 11:05 am

Hi. You don't really give enough information to allow me to pin down the type of runner (can we post pics here?), So all I can do is suggest the issac lord, woodfit and screwfix websites. They all have a wide range of fittings and you might get lucky.

If that doesn't work post a pic somewhere (or a link to a USA website where you found them) and I'll have another go - but it may be a week before I can check back. I'm on the road next week.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Mar 31, 2024 7:57 am