DIY Doctor

Replacing free standing gas/electric(dual fuel) cooker

Postby Clawback » Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:32 am

We have a 600 mm wide free standing gas cooker sited in a 604mm gap between two fitted kitchen units. It is very old and needs replacing. My wife has selected a free standing dual fuel cooker (gas top, electric oven) which is 600 mm wide. Can I get a gas safe plumber to fit it in the existing 604 mm wide gap? I ask this question because a (non gas qualified) friend says that nowadays you need a space either side of the cooker. Many thanks for any replies.
Rank: Labourer
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:22 am


Simply Build It

Postby ktitley » Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:44 pm

it will state any site requirements in the manufactures instructions ask the store you are getting it from if you could see them
Rank: Apprentice
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:17 pm

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics