DIY Doctor

Replacing Microbore Piping When Replacing Radiator

Postby Archiethere » Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:45 am

Hello, I’m looking to replace a radiator in my kitchen, I’ve just renovated the whole kitchen and the old radiator in the corner is the last job on my to do list! I feel confident changing the radiator however there is 8mm Microbore piping running off of the kitchen radiator pipes which goes through a wall and feeds a radiator in my dining room. Is there a reason why I can’t change this 8mm to 15mm and have all new piping there? The radiator we have going in is a cast iron style one and wouldn’t look right with old pipes covered in paint, however to do this I would have to alter the pipes which feed the other radiator. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

https://ibb.co/LpcwWZW
Archiethere
Progress to next rank:
15.8%

• DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!