replacing room thermostat
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Geoffadoo
Labourer
Labourer

replacing room thermostat

by Geoffadoo » Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:08 pm

Hi,
I am replacing an old "Satchwell TLX 2259" room thermostat with a "DraytonRTS1" 3 terminal.

Please can you advise me what colour cable to attach to which terminal? I have blue, black +brown, also earth. At the moment the old thermo' seems to use the blue for live. I do not know if the blue or the black is live.

Ta Geoff

watcha
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: replacing room thermostat

by watcha » Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:35 pm

[quote="Geoffadoo"]Hi,
I am replacing an old "Satchwell TLX 2259" room thermostat with a "DraytonRTS1" 3 terminal.

Please can you advise me what colour cable to attach to which terminal? I have blue, black +brown, also earth. At the moment the old thermo' seems to use the blue for live. I do not know if the blue or the black is live.

Ta Geoff[/quote]

Hi Here is a diagram of your original stat :
Google "tlc-direct.co.uk/Technical/DataSheets/Sunvic/TLX.pdf"

I would assume blue is neutral, brown would have been live and I'm guessing here (confirm by looking at the actual wiring in the stat) Black is the Neutral return line. If you use a multimeter this should help in determining what the voltages are, remember to measure against earth.

Geoffadoo
Labourer
Labourer

Re: replacing room thermostat

by Geoffadoo » Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:56 pm

[quote="watcha"][quote="Geoffadoo"]Hi,

Ta Geoff[/quote]

Hi Here is a diagram of your original stat :
Google "tlc-direct.co.uk/Technical/DataSheets/Sunvic/TLX.pdf"

I would assume blue is neutral, brown would have been live and I'm guessing here (confirm by looking at the actual wiring in the stat) Black is the Neutral return line. If you use a multimeter this should help in determining what the voltages are, remember to measure against earth.

Thankyou, I am ok with the way the old stat is, but this time i think the new electronic stat requires me to connect the live(brown) to the idicated live terminal. The blue to the neutral and the black to the call for heat. Just seems too logical or am i trying to look for a problem thats not there.

Not doing it untill easter. thanks geoffadoo

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1