Replacing Summer House Roof Edging With UPVC
Questions answered and a range of solutions on problems and issues encountered with timber framed buildings

6 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
mrbluesky
Apprentice
Apprentice

Replacing Summer House Roof Edging With UPVC

Post by mrbluesky » Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:54 pm

Hi I am a newbie, so apologies if I am posting this in to the wrong section.
I have just moved house and have inherited a summer house with the new purchase. The summer house requires a few repairs, one being the edging on the roof. I have included a photo so it will be easier to explain. The wooden edging is rotten and I was wondering if it could be replaced with a UPVC edging instead of more wood again? Also if so how would the UPVC be attached? The wood is two separate pieces that attaches together. Any advice would be gratefully received. Thank You!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

lets have a look
Foreman
Foreman

Re: Replacing Summer House Roof Edging With UPVC

Post by lets have a look » Sun Jul 24, 2016 5:01 am

I had exactly the same,it looks as the wood is decaying only on the top so needs sanding down,then paint it with oil based fencing paint and then cover it with upvc fascia board

welsh brickie
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by welsh brickie » Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:00 am

yes you can buy plastic profile, 100x80mm corner, you can either silicone it to the roof, or use poly pins to nail it to the front of the roof, or both

mrbluesky
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by mrbluesky » Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:22 pm

welsh brickie wrote:yes you can buy plastic profile, 100x80mm corner, you can either silicone it to the roof, or use poly pins to nail it to the front of the roof, or both

Thank you for your time. Think I can do that now I know how. Will do both, many thanks once again.

mrbluesky
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by mrbluesky » Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:25 pm

welsh brickie wrote:yes you can buy plastic profile, 100x80mm corner, you can either silicone it to the roof, or use poly pins to nail it to the front of the roof, or both

Forgot to ask as had another reply. Ok to remove the old wood? Other reply said to rub wood down and paint and cover with fascia board? Some of the wood as had it and that seems alot of work for me. Thank you once again for your help. Appreciated.

mrbluesky
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by mrbluesky » Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:26 pm

lets have a look wrote:I had exactly the same,it looks as the wood is decaying only on the top so needs sanding down,then paint it with oil based fencing paint and then cover it with upvc fascia board

Thank you for your help and reply. Some of the wood has had it. So I think its ok to replace with angled fascia board? Much appreciated.

6 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:42 am