Replacment of a Glow-worm Mastermind (Landis & Gyr RWB2)
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
jbtaylor84
Labourer
Labourer

Replacment of a Glow-worm Mastermind (Landis & Gyr RWB2)

Post by jbtaylor84 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:34 am

Hi All

I'm after a bit of help please...

Background - I've got a Glow-worm Mastermind programmer, the timer part of this has stopped working. I can still switch the HW and CH on and off but only have the option of constantly on or off so not on a timer option.

My question is - Can I simply replace my exisitng programmer with another model that uses the same backplate without changing any of the wiring? Or will the current wiring to the existing backplate need to be changed to accept a new programmer?

I've managed to get hold of a second hand 'British Gas UP1' Programmer (which i believe is also known as an ACL Drayton LP112 (i think)). Does anyone know whether this would be a direct replacement programmer for my Glow-worm??

For what it's worth the the wiring diagram on the back of the BG UP1 looks very similar to my glow-worm. Although the British Gas programmer states that a 3Amp fuse must be used but my current programmer uses a 5Amp.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Ben

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by stoneyboy » Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:19 pm

jbtaylor84,
You should be OK but check that the supply and CH/water terminals are all in the same position. The fuse rating doesn't matter 3 or 5 will be OK.
end

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Feb 19, 2024 9:20 am