Restoring and relaying parquet floor
Help, advice, information, answers and tips on all types of flooring from laminate and carpet to timber and vinyl

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
curzontowers
Labourer
Labourer

Restoring and relaying parquet floor

Post by curzontowers » Sun Jun 10, 2007 7:28 pm

We have some reclaimed parquet floor tiles which we would like to lay in our hall. The existing floor (underneath carpet at the minute) is an old and battered parquet which I don't think was ever the real deal, and then I think just concrete.

The tiles we want to lay have been reclaimed from an old post office - don't know how old they are but I do know that they're covered in a thick black tar on the bottom. This was obviously the original adhesive and we've tried getting it off with the hot air gun. This is incredibly laborious given that each tile has to be done individually! Is there a miracle product which we can paint on and scrape off? Will Nitromors or similar do?

We're having the floor professionally laid but really want to get the prep right. Any tips gratefully received...

thedoctor

Post by thedoctor » Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:18 am

Sorry there is nothing that we know of that will make this job easy. If yuou find anything PLEASE let us know we have been looking for 30 years.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:46 am