Ring and radial mains. Sockets
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
thedoctor

Ring and radial mains. Sockets

by thedoctor » Fri May 26, 2006 3:08 pm

To post a question for a Diy Doctor tradesman or your fellow users, to answer please click on “New Topicâ€

Useless
Labourer
Labourer

Moving a power socket

by Useless » Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:38 am

For aesthetic reasons I wish to lower a ring main double power socket in an alcove adjacent to the chimney breast in the lounge. Originally, a tiled plinth, about six inches high, was built into the alcove, but this has since been removed, making the power socket higher from the new floor than is desirable. Ideally I wish to lower it about six to eight inches so that a new proposed television stand will hide the socket and attendant cables/plug tops/aerial booster. Obviously if the socket is lowered, I wish to make good the area where the socket is currently situated.

Thank you.

Useless
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Ring and radial mains. Sockets

by Useless » Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:46 am

I wish to lower for aesthetic reasons, a double ring man power socket in an alcove adjacent to the chimney breast in the lounge. Originally there was a tiled plinth fitted into the alcove about six inches high, but this has since been removed, leaving the double power socket higher than is desirable. Ideally I want to lower the double power socket about six to eight inches so that a proposed new television stand will cover the socket with attendant plug top, cables, aerial booster. If the socket can be lowered, I will then make good the area where it was originally located.

thedoctor

by thedoctor » Fri Mar 16, 2007 2:37 pm

MANY OF THE ANSWERS TO YOUR POSTS CAN BE FOUND, WITH DIAGRAMS, IN THE DIYDOCTOR PROJECTS SECTION. CLICK HERE www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects.htm

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:59 pm