Rods Detached in Drain!
Drainage and wastage systems and plumbing help, advice and answers

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Butch
Labourer
Labourer

Rods Detached in Drain!

by Butch » Sat Dec 08, 2007 10:53 pm

The ultimate disaster happened this evening when I was trying to unblock my drains. The problem with the drains has been occuring a few times in the last few weeks, but to be honest, that's now the least of my worries. Being winter, cold and very dark, I didn't screw two of the rods together properly and yes, they became detached! With the aid of a mirror I could see the top of the last rod, about three metres in I reckon with nine metres caught. Has anyone any ideas? I'm guessing (hoping) a good plumber / drains expert will sort it, but I would like to get it done myself if possible. Has anyone any ideas? :cry:

peter the plumber
Ganger
Ganger

by peter the plumber » Sun Dec 09, 2007 1:31 am

I have never done this…………..

There are 2 ways of getting back.

Fine another manhole and back it tru with the rods you have.

Or get a power washer or drain jetter and blow it thru.

If the drains still blocked or you can’t find a manhole, there is a crab tool for this and you just add it to your rods.

I think there magnetic

thedrainman
Apprentice
Apprentice

by thedrainman » Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:11 am

I know this is an old post but if any one gets to this problem again then if you can see the last rod by using a mirror and tourch then use the other rods and pass up the pipe to the end of the last rod, try and locate the screw thread and rejoin the rods together.

I get this problem all the time customers call me with the diy drain cleaning muck ups. I use a camera (CCTV) to locate the end rod then conect and remove.

Try pushing either up of down the drain measure the length and number of rods.

Better still make sure the rods are done up before and why your pushing down the drain twist to keep locked together.

Mark thedrainman

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:23 pm