DIY Doctor

Main navigation

Roof repair pointing

Postby fuzzyveggy » Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:59 pm

I have a valley or gulley between two roofs set at 90 degrees. The sides of the gulley are finished with cement(?) which is now breaking away and needs pulling out and re cementing (re-pointing?).

Do I use a normal morter mix or if not what mix should I use?

The house is a bungalow and access is straight forward.
Rank: Labourer
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:06 pm


Simply Build It

Postby stoneyboy » Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:12 pm

Do I use a normal morter mix - yes but make it a weak mix pref with lime and wet the existing hollows well with water before filling them.
Rank: Project Manager
Posts: 5503
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:44 pm

Postby jenroof » Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:58 pm

You should use some mixture that could trap water from sinking to the roof that could cause leakage. There are some products that offer a waterproof cement.[url=]seo services[/url]
Rank: Labourer
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:02 pm

Postby polishingpeanuts » Tue May 04, 2010 9:27 pm

Some useful advice here if you Google ""
Rank: Apprentice
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue May 04, 2010 8:34 pm

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics