Room Thermostat
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

8 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Agricola
Labourer
Labourer

Room Thermostat

Post by Agricola » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:20 pm

My room thermostat needs to be replaced as it has developed a fault (it is about 9 years old), it is a Lifestyle ETS1, can someone please tell me what is the new replacement product code number and also who is the maker of lifestyle stats?

collectors
Foreman
Foreman

Re: Room Thermostat

Post by collectors » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:54 am

[quote="Agricola"]My room thermostat needs to be replaced as it has developed a fault (it is about 9 years old), it is a Lifestyle ETS1, can someone please tell me what is the new replacement product code number and also who is the maker of lifestyle stats?[/quote]

Drayton! I would imagine the new RTS 1 is a replacement.
Google "bhl.co.uk/product/DRAYTON_RTS_1_ROOM_THERMOSTAT_SPST_240V"

johnbcnone
Labourer
Labourer

Thermostats

Post by johnbcnone » Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:08 pm

On the subject of thermostats I have the following problem. I have just had an Ariston CLAS HE SYSTEM Condensing gas boiler installed. There is seperate control of water heating and space heating. I am having trouble with the room thermostat. Basically there is a large 'dead zone' on the thermostat. For instance if the thermostat is set to 18deg, the heating will come on until the thermostat switches it off at 18deg. The room temperature will then fall and the heating will not come on again until the temperature drops to about 13deg. This means that the house is getting cold again until the thermostat reactivates the heating at 13deg.
On my old boiler the thermostat had a very tight control on the boiler which was regularly switching on and off to maintain room temperature.
Is this a faulty thermostat or something to do with the system?
I suspect the engineer will replace the thermostat. If he does so it will be the third thermostat fitted to the system.

GUSS1O
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Room Thermostat

Post by GUSS1O » Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:11 pm

[quote="Agricola"]My room thermostat needs to be replaced as it has developed a fault (it is about 9 years old), it is a Lifestyle ETS1, can someone please tell me what is the new replacement product code number and also who is the maker of lifestyle stats?[/quote]

THEY HAVE THESE FOR SALE ON E-BAY :D

Perry525
Site Agent
Site Agent

Post by Perry525 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:43 pm

Some thermostats work by using a bi-metal strip.
Often they have a screw to enable adjustment.

johnbcnone
Labourer
Labourer

Post by johnbcnone » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:44 pm

:D With regard to my previous post on Jan 20 it seems that I may have an answer. I have been talking to my central heating engineer and it seems the problem is with the thermostat. As the temperature rises it seems that the dead zone gets larger, which would cause the effect which I have. The engineer is fitting a thermostat of a different make.

460jim
Labourer
Labourer

new make thermostat

Post by 460jim » Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:52 pm

[quote="johnbcnone"]:D With regard to my previous post on Jan 20 it seems that I may have an answer. I have been talking to my central heating engineer and it seems the problem is with the thermostat. As the temperature rises it seems that the dead zone gets larger, which would cause the effect which I have. The engineer is fitting a thermostat of a different make.[/quote]
Hi johnbcnone
I am having the same problem with my room stat, can you tell me if your new different make stat has solved your problem and is it a noticeable
improvement?
Thanks in advance
460jim

johnbcnone
Labourer
Labourer

Post by johnbcnone » Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:33 pm

The engineer has fitted a Danfoss thermostat which has solved the problem for me. I do not know the model number. The dead zone is now down to about 1 degC.

Regards

John

8 posts   •   Page 1 of 1