Room Thermostat Wiring
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
alfie_j
Apprentice
Apprentice

Room Thermostat Wiring

by alfie_j » Wed Dec 08, 2021 4:05 pm

Hi Experts,

Need a bit of advice for wiring a Corgi STT RS1-C room thermostat.

I have a tubular heater (no temperature control) that I want to use in my cellar but want to control it through the thermostat above so it only comes on when the temperature drops.

In short, it's a very basic setup in that the stat will act as a switch, i.e. 240V power into the stat with the heater connected to the stat (mains > stat > heater).

The stat has 3 connections: Live, Satisfy and Demand
The mains live wire will go to Live which is pretty obvious and I think the heater's live wire should go to the Demand terminal but I'm not sure if I have to make any connections to the Satisfy terminal.

Can anyone confirm? Thanks.

ericmark
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Room Thermostat Wiring

by ericmark » Wed Dec 08, 2021 6:09 pm

No connection to satisfied however you are aware Switch Rating 6A (3A) @ 240 VAC so 1.2 kW maximum load.

alfie_j
Apprentice
Apprentice

by alfie_j » Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:03 pm

Thanks, I worked it out using a multimeter to determine I need to connect to Demand terminal. Thanks for the heads up on the rating, but I'm well under the maximum.

Mr White
Project Manager
Project Manager

by Mr White » Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:17 pm

I suggest you would be better off with a frost stat, as they operate at much lower temperature. You will find that unless you mount the room stat above the heater, it will be on all the time, as it will only switch off when the room is at the lowest set temperature.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Apr 21, 2024 2:30 am