Routeing of condensing boiler waste
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
chris_on_tour2002
Project Manager
Project Manager

Routeing of condensing boiler waste

by chris_on_tour2002 » Sat Dec 29, 2007 3:06 pm

Just fitting my new system, I have a WB 28i Greenstar boiler, i have mounted the jig on the wall and am running the pipes and fitting rads. Corgi bloke coming to do the rest.

i've checked all the regs regarding siting, particularly in relation to the flue and seems ok. one issue with the condensate waste which i understand must run into a drain. to route this to my drain is rather a long run under the floor, through a joist and out through a wall.

the boiler is on the wall which i share with my neighbour and the simplest solution would be for me to run the waste pipe straight out through the wall to the exterior then into my neighbours gutter downpipe which goes into a drain (which is the required distance from the flue and i would only do this with my neighbours permission of course).

is this legal/ethical? any reason why i cannot or should not do this? i was thinking of installing one of the condensate filters like this one:

http://www.awin1.com/pclick.php?p=14405 ... 071&m=1228

Would this make it any more ethical/legal?

many thanks,

chris

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

by htg engineer » Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:37 pm

Read your manufacturers instruction it will tell you about the gradients and discharge of condensate. Lenghts, positions etc etc.

Your neighbour might agree - but what if they move and the new neighbours don't agree ? Would re-routing be simple ?

You can tee condensate wastes into wash basin and bath wastes - does this help ?

If the downcomer is plastic - you wont need the condensate neutraliser.

Hope this helps

stevenc1603
Ganger
Ganger

by stevenc1603 » Mon Dec 31, 2007 5:13 pm

Assuming that the neighbours guttering is connected to the surface water sewer system and not the fowl water sewer you cannot do that.

As far as I have been led to believe the condensate must be treated as fowl water so it need to go to the fowl sewer.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Apr 05, 2024 10:57 am