Salamander RHP100 Pumped Shower Flakey Possibly due to Debris
Drainage and wastage systems and plumbing help, advice and answers

IanMSpencer
Labourer
Labourer

Salamander RHP100 Pumped Shower Flakey Possibly due to Debris

by IanMSpencer » Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:10 pm

I bit of an old chestnut but a little uncertain of how to go about isolating the issue.

I have the classic failing to start pumped shower - once going the RHP100 does the job and as far as I can tell the system is installed to spec. This is on a house I have recently moved into.

Anyway, with no power to the pump I get a reasonably healthy 4l/min flow through the shower mixer at normal height. The pump normally starts for the first turn on in the morning, but any subsequent start needs magic incantations (though in reality the strange palaver I was shown involving much twiddling of bath taps in different orders can be simplified by removing the shower head and lowering it). The pipe work runs are not of excessive length (two showers, the closer doesn't seem to have the same problem and is a couple of feet away from pump and tank, the problem shower is less than 4 metres from pump and tank).

So the bit I don't understand on the Salamander pumps is:

1) Is there some sort of bypass that closes when under power? The flow without power is reliable and consistent, if unexciting.

2) Assuming this older pump (which is quite accessible) is still OK, are the filters easy enough to check once the pump is isolated and removed (has the right vibration pipework with isolating valves built in).

Basically, I am capable of removing the pump and replacing it, so it seems sensible to try and remove the possibility of debris in the pump before going on to more exotic diagnostics.

Any tips on cleaning up the pump?

It is currently Wed Mar 13, 2024 12:31 pm