Saniflo stopped working - help
Drainage and wastage systems and plumbing help, advice and answers

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
mike_bike_kite
Apprentice
Apprentice

Saniflo stopped working - help

by mike_bike_kite » Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:14 pm

I have a Sanipro XR in my loft where my son lives. It's connected to a toilet, sink and shower. The machine has stopped working (it makes an attempt to empty but then goes quiet). Meanwhile the shower is filling with waste water from the loo. The sink is also full of water.

I've opened the machine up and the blade seems to spin freely. I can't see anything obvious blocking it. I've used a pump to clear the water out of it and to "clean" it but nothings made much difference. I've also tried putting water down the outflow pipe but that doesn't appear to be blocked.

Is there anything else I should try? Should I just buy another unit? An XR unit costs £365 or is another machine a better choice? Money is obviously tight otherwise I wouldn't be up to my elbows in my dear son's waste output :)

Mike

mike_bike_kite
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Saniflo stopped working - help

by mike_bike_kite » Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:43 pm

I ended up buying a new model, the Sanipro Up 6006. Installation was more straightforward than I expected but the output pipe on the UP narrows down to much smaller than the current pipe I have installed. Luckily the existing pipe went directly into the new unit without using the the supplied piping. The new machine is better (quieter and easier to maintain) but it's also quite expensive.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:30 am