hi guys just looked at a job were the customer wants a wc /shower and a basin fitted in there celler by means of a saniflow. problem is soil pipe runs underneath the house behind the celler wall about half way up and is cast iron i am just wondering if anyone has any experience with saniflows as i hav never had to fit one not in great demand were i come from so just wondering there are any common problems with them such as do they pump the waste properley do they giv off alot of smells and also wat are my chances of drilling into the cast iron soil stack without it breaking only other option to a soil stack is the outside wall which is about 2foot thick stone but even if i get thru that the bottom of the stack disapears into another stone wall in the yard which only leaves the top 3rd of the stack to go into which will push my connection to the max.5metres vertical run not to 2 comftable about running it to its max distances any advise wud b much appreciated thanx bazza
Product Code Dia A B C Nominal Wt/kg
Strap-on Boss - GT133
O9168 100 166 76 100 1.4
The Strap-on Boss provides a simple solution for fitting a 50mm copper or waste pipe to an existing 100mm cast iron soil pipe to BS416 (pipe outside diameter min/max 109/114mm).
* Simply determine where the waste pipe is to be positioned
* Cut a 64mm hole into the cast iron soil pipe with a hole saw (the metal from the hole remains in the cutter) see tools below.
* Mechanically fit the boss strap in position (do not forget the rubber washer) tighten until fully secure.
* Insert in the waste pipe until fully seated in the boss.
* Tighten the boss plate to grip the rubber Ã’OÃ“ ring on the outside of the waste pipe.
* A 64mm hole saw - Product Code 09180
* Arbour - Product Code 09181
* 1/4" pilot drill - Product Code 09182
* 13mm socket EF101 - Product Code 00916
* 13mm spanner for mechanically fitting the boss adaptor EF098 - Product Code 0091
DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!