Sealing a large tarmac driveway and hard standing
Post your questions and get answers regarding all areas of drives, pathways and patios

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
P321hinton
Labourer
Labourer

Sealing a large tarmac driveway and hard standing

by P321hinton » Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:18 pm

I have a very long tarmac drive and adjacent large hard standing area also in tarmac. The tarmac has been down for some 15 years. It is generally very good still, but some evidence of stone loss in places and the colour has become a much paler grey. I wish to seal the surface to prevent significant decay setting in. I an more concerned about effective sealing than just applying black paint!
I have read the DIY Doctor review of Rizistal, which does sound very good. Unfortunately there are no user reviews that I have found. Also, this is a two part mixture that will be more time consuming to apply than products such as Tarmaseal.
Has anyone any experience in this field? All advice gratefully received!

Chriswyn
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Sealing a large tarmac driveway and hard standing

by Chriswyn » Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:26 pm

We had our driveway done on the cheap by some cowboys and (inevitably) it started to loosen up a couple of years after being laid. I bought bitumen and gave it a coat. It looked brand new and it has bound it together nicely. It's been a year and a half since I did it and it is still holding up well. I looked in to driveway seal but at the time bitumen seem much cheaper for the volume I needed

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:51 am