Self Build Part P Regs
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
kbrownie
Project Manager
Project Manager

Self Build Part P Regs

by kbrownie » Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:55 am

Hi all,
Next year I will be adding an extension on to me property both to side and rear. They wiil be a lot of new wiring, lots of rooms will be moved about I.E. Kitchen/Bathroom. I am considering while the opportunity is there. Maybe a complete re-wire. I am currently at college taking my city in guildes (electrical technology) By the time the electrical first fix is ready to be done. I should be nearly on my way to having my wiring regs.
I am aware that nearly all the work is goverened by Part P. But am I right in thinking that I can still do this work myself as long notification are put into Building Regs and on completion they will have it signed off, providing it's correctly done.
Cheers for any good advise
KB
Last edited by kbrownie on Wed Aug 22, 2007 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sparx
Project Manager
Project Manager

by sparx » Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:38 pm

Hi, yes if you notify your local authority bldg control & pay their fee before starting you can DIY and someone will look at installed wiring , before plastering over cables for routing, grommets in boxes etc, & at 'second fix' stage and 'tick the boxes' they won't however do any testing or certifying so you will need to do that as a 'completion Certificate' yourself or get someone to do a 'periodic inspection' for you at the end.
good luck,
SPARX

kbrownie
Project Manager
Project Manager

by kbrownie » Fri Aug 17, 2007 4:15 pm

Cheers Sparx, thats put my mind and pocket at ease!
KB

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:01 pm