Self Builder Looking for Trade Window Supplier
Post questions and find answers on glazing, double glazing, upvc glazing, conservatory glazing, fixtures and fittings etc....

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
bob_5795
Labourer
Labourer

Self Builder Looking for Trade Window Supplier

by bob_5795 » Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:30 am

Hi,

I am a self builder who is looking for a window company to supply me CE uPVC marked windows, we install and self certify.

I have found various online companies - all offering online ordering (apart from more complex items like Bays) - but it appears they are just agents for much larger operations - these 'face' companies that I have dealt with so far seem to lack the level of technical expertise, which is reflected in their dealings with us - its very frustrating, quite often the sales people are also the warehouse people - so their time is stretched, email questions are left unanswered or answered incorrectly - not a very good way to run a business.

We have so far managed to find Masco, who make the Duraflex profile, and also own Griffin windows who fabricate, but again Masco seem to want to push us off to '7 Day Windows' - what they claim as a 'depot', - are there any profile manufacturers with a fabrication arm, that has economies of scale, an have a 'competent and dedicated' sales force out there willing to deal with a self builder such as ourselves.

Thanks

qthisup
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Self Builder Looking for Trade Window Supplier

by qthisup » Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:36 am

HI
Not UPVC, but I achieved good pricing on Aluminium from CDW Systems for a residential project. You need to supply the glazing separately but that is easily done from another supplier. I found them not significantly more than UPVC.

katoosh525
Tradesman
Tradesman

Re: Self Builder Looking for Trade Window Supplier

by katoosh525 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:12 am

Have you tried K2? I had a conservatory from them, albeit through a supplier, but the supplier had little knowledge, and k2 provided most of the tech expertise. the conservatory was fabulous, and very cheap for it's quality.
http://www.k2conservatories.co.uk/

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 6:03 am