Serious vibration on the cold water system
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Sas
Labourer
Labourer

Serious vibration on the cold water system

Post by Sas » Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:00 pm

I have a loud droning noise and vibration on the cold water system to the bathroom. It stops completely if you flush the toilet but once the cistern fills back up it starts again. Turning the cold tap on the basin on to a dribble can stop it for a while but that doesnt last for long. The ball valve in the cold tank has been changed after the overflow from the cold water tank had been running constantly and since then this problem has arisen.

ALDA
Foreman
Foreman

Post by ALDA » Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:26 pm

SAS,

SEAMS LIKELY THAT THE NEW BALLCOCK MAY BE BOUNCING ON THE SURFACE OF WATER AS THE COLD WATER STORAGE CISTERN IS FILLING.

THIS WILL CAUSE NOISE/VIBRATION THAT CAN BE APPLIFIED BY AN INSECURE RISING MAIN PIPE.

OR

INCORRECT LOW OR HIGH PRESSURE BALLCOCK VALVE FITTED.

IF JOB WAS DONE BY PLUMBER, GET THEM BACK IN TO SORT "THEIR" PROBLEM OUT TO "YOUR" SATISFACTION AS YOU HAVE PAID FOR A SERVICE THAT THEY HAVE FAILED TO PROVIDE.

ALDA.

stevenc1603
Ganger
Ganger

Post by stevenc1603 » Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:36 pm

If its the valve on the cold tank that's making the noise then try reducing the water pressure.

I had a problem whereby if I opened the main stop valve for the house fully it caused a racket in the cold tank when it was filling. Turning down the valve a little stopped the noise. It was only turned down enough to stop the noise but not enough to make a noticeable difference in filling time for the tank.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Apr 13, 2024 7:44 pm