SETTING UP NEW SMALL BUSINESS
Ask your questions and find answers on many subjects relating to plastering and dry lining

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
leahchinnock
Apprentice
Apprentice

SETTING UP NEW SMALL BUSINESS

by leahchinnock » Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:27 am

If there is anyone that can give me advise i would be v greatfull, i am a female so this may come as a surprise, i have done a course and have worked along side a plasterer that trained me up, i have discovereda niche in the market for a plasterer that will do the small plastering jobs, as no offence to plasterers in the trade but the little jobs are not even concidered by some, so is there any advise for a new plasterer starting out.

Cheers

kbrownie
Project Manager
Project Manager

by kbrownie » Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:11 pm

hi leahchinnock,
Always hard at beginning when starting up, if it's customers your after word of mouth is usually to best form of employment regarding residential property. Get some cards and leaflets printed. Get them on the walls at local shops (chippies,coops,newsagents,post offices) ask your family and friends to pin them up on works notice boards
go around and them post through letter boxes. Try selling yourself.
Your right there is a niche in the market for the fairer *******.
Go for it!
Best Of Luck
KB

Toffeeboy
Labourer
Labourer

by Toffeeboy » Sun Dec 02, 2007 1:03 pm

Give HM Customs and Revenue up in the North-East a phone too. Their contact details are on their website at www.hmrc.gov.co.uk. They'll deal with you one on one over the phone and set you up to attend a (Free) self employment 1 day workshop in a centre near to your home. The workshop covers things such as business strategies, company name, tax returns, tax rebates and benefits etc. They'll also send you the paperwork and information you may need if you're going it alone as a sole trader. www.businesslink.gov.uk are another great (free) asset who will send you out a lot of useful information in the post, plus assist you one on one over the phone or even face to face with your own adviser. This person will deal with you solely until you require them no more and they are really helpful.
Good luck.

leahchinnock
Apprentice
Apprentice

by leahchinnock » Sun Dec 09, 2007 9:07 pm

thankyou to both of my replies it was all very helpful and will take on board!

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Apr 09, 2024 2:36 pm