Shock From Plug After Unplugging Draper Palm Sander


Postby Sussexpipes » Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:31 am

In June I bought a Draper 130W 230V Tri-palm Sander. After some time I realised I was receiving a shock from the plug terminals after unplugging it from the mains. My tester showed a pulse of 19 -21v, or if I put a screwdriver across the terminals there was a distinct spark and click. I took it back yesterday and it was replaced without any quibble. However, the new one does exactly the same as it "bit me" as I unplugged it. I suspect that there is a capacitor inside which is leaking back down to the plug?
I was wondering if anyone else has found this problem?
Thanks.
Sussexpipes
Rank: Labourer
Progress to next rank:
0%
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:19 am

Sponsor

Simply Build It


  • DIY How to Project Guides

  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!



 


  • Related Topics