Should a Composite Door be Plumb or Parallel to its Aperture?
Post questions and find answers on glazing, double glazing, upvc glazing, conservatory glazing, fixtures and fittings etc....

Kano
Labourer
Labourer

Should a Composite Door be Plumb or Parallel to its Aperture?

by Kano » Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:38 am

Hello everyone,

I fitted a composite door into my garage recently. Whilst doing it, I noticed that the wall was leaning outwards about maybe 3/4 of an inch. At the time I decided to install the door bang on plumb.

Now whenever I look at the door it looks as though its sitting backwards in the aperture, maybe half an inch over its length. From the front you can't tell, but from the side it looks off.

Was it the right thing to do to install the door plumb or should I have leant it forward a touch to match the lean in the wall? I'm in two minds because most fitting instructions you see say install plumb for a variety of reasons. They don't tell you what to do if the wall is off!

The door operates perfectly as it is, its just bothering me it looks off. I could re-hang the frame although obviously this would be a pain as I'd want to do it properly and not just drill a load more holes. I'd fill the existing holes with mortar and then wait till it goes off before drilling more, so the frame doesn't look like a colander with loads of holes.

Cheer in advance!

It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:12 pm