Should I Worry About Bowed Roof in Potential Purchase
Information and advice on lofts and loft conversions. Find solutions and post your questions here...

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Arthurdaily
Labourer
Labourer

Should I Worry About Bowed Roof in Potential Purchase

by Arthurdaily » Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:32 pm

Hi, I was wondering if anybody can help. I have been offered an old cottage at a reasonable price in Devon. It is a two storey house built pre 1802, but I'm not sure when before that. The house is generally good - of cob construction, but from the outside the roof looks bowed. The owner assures me everything is fine with the roof - in fact he has had the slates and membrane replaced a few years ago, and says that the timber was found to be good, and the wood worm was treated. He built, however, an attic room in the roof space - meaning most of the timber roof structure can't be seen or accessed... BUT there is a small entry to get at a ventilation pipe... so I took pictures through it at what wood I could see. All Im asking for on here is whether anybody thinks this looks 'ok' or really bad. I will of course get a pro to look at it, but based on what people say on here, I will choose either a surveyor, a roofer or a structoral engineer! Here are a selection of pictures.

Arthurdaily
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Should I Worry About Bowed Roof in Potential Purchase

by Arthurdaily » Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:01 pm

Here are the pictures to go with the post above. Cheers!
Attachments
4.jpg
3.jpg
1.jpg

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Apr 09, 2024 12:51 pm