shower fault
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
davo
Labourer
Labourer

shower fault

by davo » Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:37 pm

Hi there, I have had another go with my shower fault today and this is the state of play. I managed to get it pumping like a trojan and had a great shower, temp was great went from freezing to boiling as it should with the control valve, however to get to this stage I had to go through the following painstaking proceedure, wrapped in only a towel, after no water flowed when the valve was turned on.

1 Go in the loft (not a pretty sight I might add) and turn off the independant cold water supply to the pump.

2 Turn the shower valve on and wait 2 mins for the hot water to start to finally drip out of the shower head under gravity.

3 After another minute or so once the hot flow was sufficiently fast I turned on the cold supply.

4 Finally turn on the pump which sprang into life

I then treated myself to a nice shower for 5 mins, body jets included. It didnt miss a beat. I turned off the valve feeling chuffed only to discover that when I turned the valve back on 5 secs later not a single drip of water flowed from anywhere. The pump manufacturers recommend all pipe work and the shower rose to be 230mm below the level of the water in the tank. In my case it is around 1500mm.

Any ideas please as my wife is threatening me with divorce proceedings. The fact that I had a great shower and she couldnt has not strengthened my position in this matter. LOL

bobplum
Foreman
Foreman

by bobplum » Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:21 pm

never look a gift horse in the mouth?
earlier email can you give more info on location etc
bob

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 8:56 am