Shower installation on plasterboard walls
Drainage and wastage systems and plumbing help, advice and answers

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
nicb1981
Labourer
Labourer

Shower installation on plasterboard walls

Post by nicb1981 » Wed May 29, 2013 7:54 pm

Ive not long moved into a flat provided by a housing association so as you can imagine, its mostly plasterboard walls! Ive got permission to install a shower in the bathroom but i just want to know if its going to be more hassle than its worth!
First, can i tile up around the bath so i can have a shower put in, or can one be installed and put up on the platerboard walls (they are painted with a bathroom emulsion). I dont want to have one installed only for everything to come crumbling down to leave me with a huge repair bill!!
Also as its a ground floor flat the water pressure isnt great so would a pump shower be better?
Any advice at this early stage gratefully received!

collectors
Foreman
Foreman

Re: Shower installation on plasterboard walls

Post by collectors » Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:26 pm

You 1st have to find out if you have large enough hot & cold water tanks before you go along the pumped route. Some flats have a hot water tank with just a small cold water tank above & a pump would drain this in under a minute. Try the kitchen sink to see if you have good pressure there? If so! would it be better to put in an electric shower if the bathroom is close to this pipe work & the mains electric board.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Apr 06, 2024 7:53 am