Drainage and wastage systems and plumbing help, advice and answers

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
katymac
Labourer
Labourer

Shower not working and hot water flow to bath sporadic

by katymac » Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:07 pm

Hello
I moved into my new home 6 weeks ago and am having problems with the bathroom shower and hot water supply to the bath. Am not sure if the too things are separate problems and am looking for some help.

The bathroom is downstairs at the back of the house and the shower is a
Designa DS3000. The power switch always shows a red light when the switch is turned on but the shower is currently not working at all. This is the second time this has happened and both times the shower was working fine and just stopped while being used. It continued not to function for a week and then just worked. The shower itself has two buttons:
Power and Auto Reset. When working the power light comes on but I have never seen the Auto reset light on.

Am also having trouble with the hot water supply to the bath. It works normally occasionally then sometimes just a really slow flow, sometimes a trickle for a few seconds and then nothing at all.
Can anyone help before I get a plumber in as I am waiting till after Xmas and also worried that if everything is working when they come they won't be able to identfy the problems.
Thanks
Katy

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

by stoneyboy » Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:53 pm

katymac,
Difficult to diagnose from your description but the electric shower problem may be due to low mains pressure - it depends on your location and how many other users are fed by the main.
The bath problem is probably due to an airlock, if you have a wet vax turn on the bath tap and try sucking on the spout.
end

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:22 pm