Shower Seal Question for Walk-in Shower With Pivot Door

Postby Dughall » Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:16 pm

Just moved into a new house and the bathroom has a walk-in shower with a pivot door. The door has a metal surround, with a channel at the bottom to take a t-shape seal. This seal needs replaced.

Apart from identifying that I need a t-shaped seal, I can't figure out what specific kind I need. There's not much left of the old seal - pretty much just the T section and a fragment of fin.

Could someone please look at my diagram (not to scale) and give me an idea of what I need to get?

What I can't figure out is how a seal would get back into the shower after the door is opened! Surely the seal would remain on the outside, preventing the door from closing?!

Many thanks!
Attachments
IMG_20180918_201157.jpg
Dughall
Progress to next rank:
0%

Sponsor

Simply Build It

• DIY How to Project Guides

• DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!