Shower
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

6 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

Shower

by htg engineer » Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:36 pm

I'm going to refit my bathroom and want to replace the Mira electric shower with a Mira combi shower.

I've always liked and prefer to fit Mira.

I've found a Mira mixer tap, which is also a thermostatically controlled combi shower. Mira Excel Bath Shower Mixer.

I know the old style mixer taps with shower attachment were very poor. But with this being a mixer with hot and cold at mains pressure. I'd imagine it would be just as good as a Combi Shower.

But just wondering if anyone has fitted or has one ? how do you rate it ?

Views and opinions wanted.
Thanks for your time.

marrtin
Foreman
Foreman

by marrtin » Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:38 pm

Hi Htg Engineer

Firstly, I think you're right choosing a Mira product as I think they have to be pretty much the best on the market and the Excel has to be the most popular in their range, and I sell and fit more of those than any other. Surprisingly enough though I have no experience of the BSM.

Of course as you say, the normal BSM's give poor performance in low pressure systems because of the plumbing arrangements. However in a high pressure system these problems don't occur so I think you are making an informed choice. Performance wise I wouldn't expect anything less than the normal Excel model. My only reservation is with the big blob sitting at the end of the bath.

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

by htg engineer » Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:57 pm

I haven't seen one fitted or in a showroom, but they look quite neat and tidy from the pictures I have seen on the net.

The cheapest I have found is £380, so if you can think of anywhere where i could get one cheaper, let me know.

Where the shower has to go it's a solid wall, so running the pipes in the wall would be possible but alot of work and mess. And I don't like to have pipes on show.

That's why I'm looking at the Bath Shower Mixer.

Thanks for your input.

bobplum
Foreman
Foreman

by bobplum » Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:16 pm

ive fitted a mira bsm and couldnt fault it
was if i remember rightly on a pump
the water coming out of the shower attachment was just like a power shower

chris_on_tour2002
Project Manager
Project Manager

by chris_on_tour2002 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:30 pm

can i dumbly ask what a combi shower is? 'm liking the sound of it and i want one whatever it is! whilst we are at it can you recommend the best type of shower to run from a combi boiler?

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

by htg engineer » Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:42 pm

A combi shower is a thermostatic mixer shower, which can be piped directly to the hot pipe from the combi and the mains cold water.

This type of shower is powerful as both the hot and cold are at mains pressure (if you have poor hot water pressure, you should sort this first).

As i've said earlier, you can't go wrong with Mira - I wouldn't use any other make.

6 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:04 pm