All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
petejigsaw
Labourer
Labourer

Shower tray installation

Post by petejigsaw » Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:17 pm

Hi All

I'm in the process of installing a new 900x1400 HSK shower tray, and need some advice on whether I need to bed it into a mortar bed.

It is made of high impact resin fibre glass, and does not show any signs of flexibility, but I can't find anything to say that it is 'self-supporting'. It is only 65mm high in profile, and the floor onto which it is going is floorboards which already give it a perfectly level siting.

I've found loads of docs online - some saying all trays should be bedded in and others which say that shallow trays such as the HSK model which are so thick don't.

Any advice gratefully received, as I really need to get this put in asap.

Thanks all

chris_on_tour2002
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by chris_on_tour2002 » Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:01 pm

you definitely need to bed it. don't lay it on floorboards, pull them up and replace with marine plywood. pva it then bed onto that. you will have problems beddding straight onto floorboards.

Paulo83
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Paulo83 » Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:38 pm

Im about to lay a 900*900 quadrant shower with same kind of tray. I have floorboards but i was going to lay a thin sheet of chipboard down on top of the floorboards to even out the floor before cementing down the tray. Is it ok to do this? what problems if any may i have with this?

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:59 pm