Shower Waste Install in new Bathroom and Digging Gully
Drainage and wastage systems and plumbing help, advice and answers

Rebpro
Labourer
Labourer

Shower Waste Install in new Bathroom and Digging Gully

by Rebpro » Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:46 pm

Hi all.
Currently in the middle of a renovation, the house has been stripped and internal walls have been removed/changed about.
We have changed the layout which has in turn increased the size of the bathroom as part of the renovation. We are now wanting to install the bathroom, which includes a new shower enclosure with no existing waste.
I'm wondering if it's possible to dig in a channel for a 40mm waste pipe from the shower trap to outside into a gulley, around 2m long. The photo shows the rough position of trap out to gulley. I understand I would need a fall about an 18mm per metre; this leaves the space quite tight.
webp_net_resizeimage.jpg

outside gulley.jpg

On the right of next photo is where the old bath waste runs through the wall, and it comes out on the third course up, running out on top of floor level inside. I would obviously have to run out a couple of courses down for this to work; would this be ok?
Only other option to get the shower to work in the position we would want it would be a pipe I'm guessing?
Any thoughts on how deep the 40mm pipe would have to be buried if it can be run this way; I'm guessing there's a minimum depth needed over it.
This is the plan for the bathroom as a whole; roughly (using a certain diy shop's planner).
bathroom plan.jpg

Any advice on this welcome; thanks for any helpful replies. First post!!

It is currently Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:06 pm