Shower won't stop
Help, advice and problem solutions on all aspects of home appliances from washing machines to TV's

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Matrpanir
Labourer
Labourer

Shower won't stop

Post by Matrpanir » Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:37 am

Hi, when I turn off my shower (electric but not a power shower) the heater stops but the water doesn't, at least not until I turn it off at the isolation valve but as this is outside the bathroom it isn't terribly convenient. Does any one have any idea how I can rectify this.
Thanks,
Matt.

stysstys
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by stysstys » Sat Apr 14, 2007 5:38 am

Hi
Insid the shower unit are basicly two things.
The Element (for warming the water)
The valve (for regulating the water)
Sounds like the valve is stuck in the open
position or the controller that operates it.
It may need replacing.
Please bare in mind that there is 250v ac
within inches of the water pipes (Earth)
"A very very leathal combo if one was to touch them both"
So get some one who know what there doing in
to have a look
Steph

DONFRAMAC
Ganger
Ganger

Shower won't stop

Post by DONFRAMAC » Tue May 08, 2007 1:46 am

The electric showers I have owned, have all had 2 concentric valves;-- one opened the water supply and a flow switch then powered-up the elements;-- the other of the concentric controls varied the temperature. If I had shut-down the heat using the latter control, the elements would have switched off but cold water would have continued to flow, as I would just have set the required temp. to "cold". In normal use I only rarely needed to adjust the temp. To open the water control was all that was req., after pulling the isolator switch/cord, some distance away.

TheDoctor5

Post by TheDoctor5 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:40 am

Last year 64% of the questions asked in our forum were answered within our DIY project pages at www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects.htm The project pages are now separated alphabetically and your answers are accompanied by diagrams and the ability to see, and buy, the tools and/or required to complete your project. Use our search box to look for your answer and save a great deal of time and money!

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Mar 30, 2024 9:51 pm