Showerlux bifold door installation/disassembly instructions
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

IanMcF
Labourer
Labourer

Showerlux bifold door installation/disassembly instructions

by IanMcF » Fri Sep 03, 2021 5:45 pm

Our shower has developed a leak. It is a tiled cubicle with a porcelain shower tray and an old (at least 20yrs) Showerlux bifold door on it. It is leaking from somewhere near the door frame on the far side from the shower head. I can't get it to leak by just running the shower by itself or by standing in it and pouring water over the seals so I'm not sure whether the leak is down to perished sealant or because of an issue with the door. I will replace the sealant as this is probably the most likely culprit.

But while the shower is out of action I wanted to take out the door and give everything a good clean/descale and check there were no issues with the fixings.

My problem is I can't dismantle it and can't find any instructions for assembly or disassembly on line (as Showerlux went out of business some time ago). Does anyone know how to remove the door from the frame? My guess is that one of the panels might lever off, but it has been pretty resistant to me careful attempts to get at it (I would prefer not to break it).

Anyone have any ideas how to remove this intact?

TIA

Ian
Attachments
20210903_153635crop - Copy.jpg
20210903_173041crop - Copy.jpg

It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:16 am