Single or double skin for lignalite blocks for spray booth
All manner of questions and solutions to problems and issues surrounding the subject of brickwork, blockwork and stonework

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
FranticBadger
Labourer
Labourer

Single or double skin for lignalite blocks for spray booth

by FranticBadger » Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:38 pm

Hi,

Just after a bit of guidance on a potential project, to help me work out costs, and generally set me in the right direction.

I'm looking at building a spray booth, measuring 5m wide x 5m deep x 3.5m tall, with a single door measuring 0.7x2m and a large double door measuring 3x3m for forklift access. This would be constructed directly onto a concrete floor inside an industrial unit.

Because the spray process generates a lot of noise, I was looking at using Lignalite blocks, which apparantly have very good sound attenuation properties. These blocks are 440x215x190mm:

https://lignacite.co.uk/products/lignalite/

For this size of construction, should I be looking at a double skin wall? Would this need to be professionally designed? Just trying to get an idea of how much it might cost.

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Single or double skin for lignalite blocks for spray booth

by stoneyboy » Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:12 am

Hi franticbadger
The Lignacite blocks should be fine but go for the 7.3Nm ones which will be better for sound insulation and roof loading.
Regards S

FranticBadger
Labourer
Labourer

by FranticBadger » Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:59 pm

Thanks Stoneboy,

So you think a single skin of the 190mm 7.3Nm blocks would be sufficient? No cavity wall?

If so, that's great, that will save me a ton of money, as I'll only need around 650 blocks.

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

by stoneyboy » Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:40 pm

Hi franticbadger
I don't think you will improve sound insulation by using a cavity wall. Your main noise will be from the extraction system, its ducting and termination.
Regards S

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:05 pm