sliding doors over laminate.
Help, advice, information, answers and tips on all types of flooring from laminate and carpet to timber and vinyl

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
elainek
Labourer
Labourer

sliding doors over laminate.

by elainek » Fri Jul 06, 2007 5:59 pm

The installer of our laminate floors has informed us that our 2 sliding doors do not have enough space under them for them to slide. His opinion, and he has done it with other homes which have the same problem is to leave that 8cm space plank free. That to me will look awful.
Is it not possible to cut a few cm. off the bottom of the doors, they are wooden and using a hand saw should be OK? It would cost a lot of money to remove the doors.
Hope I have made sense. HELP.
Thanks.

wack
Apprentice
Apprentice

by wack » Sun Jul 08, 2007 9:11 pm

Hi, Could you tell me what sort of guides are fitted to guide the bottom of the doors.

elainek
Labourer
Labourer

by elainek » Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:01 pm

Hi no guides on floor it just hangs from a channel with rollers. But new problem! Call me stupid, mt husband certainly thinks so, I go someone to cut the doors. One is OK the other, the longer one has about 5ins space now and I need to find something to hide it. No idea what it would be called to even do a search. Something which we could attach to the bottom edge of the door and it would still look nice. I will never get involved in thinks like this. BUT it will still look better than having what the installer wanted PLEASE don't let him say it still has to be done his way. Sorry for venting.
Any ideas what I should be searching for. A wood effect polystyrene ???

katz
Labourer
Labourer

sliding doors

by katz » Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:48 pm

Could anyone please tell me where I can find these sliding doors- I have been searching internet for days, and cannot find one like described here- without bottom track. I have just laid wooden laquered floors and I need a door like this for a temporary solution

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:30 am