Sloping ground, what type of driveway is best?
Post your questions and get answers regarding all areas of drives, pathways and patios

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Restormel
Labourer
Labourer

Sloping ground, what type of driveway is best?

Post by Restormel » Sat Jun 09, 2007 8:37 pm

Hi,

I wish to convert my front garden to parking and would like to know which type of driveway you would recommend for my situation. The area is currently lawn and approximately 5m x 6m in size with a curved perimeter. It also slopes towards the house with a drop of around 0.7m. I am guessing that the cheapest and easiest option is to go for a gravel area, but would consider block paving if it is possible and the cost was not prohibitively higher. Are there any issues regarding the slope of the garden that I need to factor in when deciding which type of drive to choose? I assume that drainage will be an issue for block paving, but will I need to address this for a gravel drive?

Hope you can help.

thedoctor

Post by thedoctor » Sun Jun 10, 2007 8:41 am

If cost is an issue the gravel is your best option and you can see how to do this in our projects section under building a driveway or path. Drainage can be resolved with a drainage grid (see link below) or by digging a trench at the side of the drive which you can fill with shingle and run it down to a soakaway. See our project on French Drains and Soakaways.

http://www.awin1.com/pclick.php?p=85143 ... 071&m=1228

This drain system can also be bought by scrolling down to the tools in our Driveway project.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:04 am